Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I'm allow to earn $1,100 a month on SSD. Because I went over…

Customer Question
I'm allow to earn...

I'm allow to earn $1,100 a month on SSD. Because I went over the 1,100 six times(six months) for the amount of $1,240 SSD wants me to pay them back $9,400 which is six months benefits. This isn't fair and doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

They also want $3,400 from a couple of years ago too.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/29/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, when you collect SSD, you are limited to the amount of money you can earn. That rule is in place to prevent people from receiving SSD and earning a significant amount of income.

The following link contains a great explanation which you will find helpful:

https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/page1-13.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.