Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I went to prison on 08./16. I was on disability when I went…

Customer Question
I went to prison...

I went to prison on 08./16. I was on disability when I went in. I had to stop all benefits. I just got out on 10/25 and I was told to go to the SS office to try and get at least my monthly payment and to see how long I have to wait to get my full disability. my birthday was on 12/21/1954.so he said that around then is when I should expect a check. SS told me how much I owe in over payments, they would take it out of my check.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

The office told me how much I owe and about how much my check will be after they take out the 83.00. Going to prison and getting that money stopped has put me and my husband in financial ruin. Bills aren't getting paid on time. I am really expecting that money. Am I going to start getting my checks again?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/28/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 6 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

BUT

I can tell you that it takes Social Security 3-4 months to process claims for benefits.

My best advice to you would be to either call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday, OR visit your local Social Security office to find out the status.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb