Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I had to change my checking account number and need to get…

Customer Question
I had to change...

I had to change my checking account number and need to get the new number to you in order to receive my SS dollars each month.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I don't know what else you need to know. I just need to get the new check number applied to my account.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No. The reason I had to change it was I got a scam and want to protect my checking account.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/27/2017
Social Security Expert: Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

You can update your checking account number with Social Security in one of three ways:

1. Use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online account, you can register here: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Fred

I'm waiting on line right now. I tried to register an account but it didn't take my information so I thought I try calling and talking with someone.Thank you

Ok, good luck and I hope everything works out for you!

H​ello - just wanted to follow up and see if you had any follow up questions for me. If finished, please take some time to rate my service. Thanks, ***** ***** a happy new year!