Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do I change my bank account number for direct deposit of…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change my bank account number for direct deposit of my monthly checks from you? I was recently scammed on the computer, and I don't know how to inform you of my new bank account number for future deposits. The incident happened on Thursday of last week, 12/28/17.

Accountant's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I don't think so - although I'm concerned about my Jan. 1, 2018 pay from you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/27/2017
Social Security Expert: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security. So, we do not have access to your personal information.

But I can tell you how you can make changes to your account for deposits, your mailing address, etc., with Social Security yourself. You have 3 options.

1. Use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following Social Security link:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.