Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I represent my mother, Edith Sheiman.. Currently her soc…

Customer Question
I represent my mother...

I represent my mother, Edith Sheiman.. Currently her soc secur deposit is being made to her bank of America checking acct. I would like to have it deposited to her bank of America trust checking account. She is 102 years old and lives in an assisted living facility. How can I do this without having to bring her down to the soc secur office in Bridgeport CT

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

She is very deaf. If you need her new account number or her soc secur no. I can give it to you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/26/2017
Social Security Expert: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you so much for your patience. So, generally, it's relatively easy to change the direct deposit for your mother without having to leave your home. If she is receiving SSI, then you can create an account for her by clicking here, then you can update her banking information. You can also call SSA as well at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****). Have you attempted either of these previously?

No. I went to the social security office

I see what you mean. Does she have an account set up online already?

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY