Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I have a different sum of money this year as opposed to 2015…

Customer Question
I have a different...

I have a different sum of money this year as opposed to 2015 and 2016. I want to make an appt. to go over this with an agent.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

For the years 2015 and 2016 I was receiving $26,902.80 I cannotfind my award letter for 2017 and for 2018 now it does not state my monthly sum for 2018. Where I do stand.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Now I am receiving $2293. how does it get so low??? I want either to appeal or find out what is going on???

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Social Security
12/25/2017
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 1 month ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** .I have been practicing SS LAW full time for 12+ years, exclusively, and look forward to assisting you.

If you are now getting 2293/month, that means you are annually getting over $27,500, which is an increase over prior years, not a decrease.

You can confirm your amount by going to ssa.gov/myaccount and signing in to your confidential account - there you will want to download your benefits letter, also referred to as income verification letter.

However, if you wish to appeal it, you will want to go to your local office and file an appeal there. You can not appeal over the phone, unfortunately.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thank you for your kindness; I am facing a very difficult operation on Jan. 25 and am stressed out of my skull. Best regards ***** ***** at***@******.***

You are welcome. I hope that this lack of reduction in your benefits puts you a bit more at ease. Positive thoughts to you, Judi, with regard to your surgery and the speediest of recoveries!

Please don't forget to click on the 5 stars!

Be well - Stephanie Joy

Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq