Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

When will benefits be deposited for December?

Customer Question
when will benefits be deposited for December?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/22/2017
Social Security Expert: TaxRobin, Tax Preparer replied 7 months ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The benefits are paid in the month following the month for which they are due. For example, you would receive your December benefit in January. Generally, the day of the month you receive your benefit payment depends on the birth date of the person for whose earnings record you receive benefits.

SSA publishes a calendar each year that shows the dates. Click on the link below for the 2018 Calendar of Benefits

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031.pdf