Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My number is *********. I'm on SSI. If I take custody of my…

Customer Question
My number is *********...

My number is *********. I'm on SSI. If I take custody of my 8 year old daughter, how will that affect my check. Also what documents do I need to apply?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to take custody of my 8 yr old daughter. How will that affect my check? I'm on SSI #***-**-****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 7 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Oftentimes, the Experts can help with a question like yours or I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,
Rachel
Please continue. I got this URL off the SS web site.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Hi ... My name’s LaneIf you are on SSDI (Social Security Disablility insurance), then yes, a dependent will generate an additional benefit, until that child turns 18.If you’re on SSI (Supplemental Security Income) the benefit that’s means tested - comes with Medicaid - and you didn’t behave enough work record to get SSDI, then, so sorry, there are no dependent benefits
Sorry for the typo (didn’t HAVE enough years of work to get SSDI ...)