Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have all ready done this once. I have changed the bank…

Customer Question
I have all ready...

I have all ready done this once. I have changed the bank account number that the social security check is sent to me.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have been receiving ss checks for years. They direct deposit my benefits every fourth Wednesday of each month. I have closed down that account and have a new account that I need social security to direct deposit my checks to. How do I notify them to make this change?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information with Social Security.

1. Use your online Social Security account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Ask your bank to assist you.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your old account until you receive a payment in your new account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY