Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need prof of income can I get that on line. I have to have…

Customer Question
I need prof of...

I need prof of income can I get that on line

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have to have prof of income to rent apartment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/19/2017
Social Security Expert: Carter McBride, CPA replied 7 months ago
Carter McBride

Hey! I'm Carter and I'm a CPA and can help you out with this.

Depending on who you are renting on, they may require different things for proof of income. The most common is your W-2, so if you have a W-2 from your employer, that will usually suffice. If you do not have a copy of that, you can get a Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS using their Get Transcript tool, available here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.

Another good option is your current paystub. Depending on who your employer is, they will have different ways of obtaining that.

The other two options that generally work are your past year tax return (also available on IRS Get Transcripts) or you can ask your employer to write a letter confirming your employment and salary.

Another option is your bank statements, but most people find that too intrusive.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any clarification. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Hey! I just wanted to follow up and see if you have any other questions. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!