Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What does letter D after San mean? What is meaning of the…

What does letter D...

What does letter D after San mean?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What is meaning of the letter D After Soc sec number?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I have soc sec benefits in my name which I receive. I recently applied for a home loan and the required letter of proof of benefits. I received letter from soc sec dated nov. 7 2017 stating I received benefits. I also received a letter with my deceased husbands soc sec number stating I am entitled to monthly retirement benefits. What is this?

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

These letter codes may appear on correspondence that you receive from Social Security or on your Medicare card. T

D Aged Widow, age 60 or over

D1 Aged widower, age 60 or over

D2 Aged widow (2nd claimant)

D3 Aged widower (2nd claimant)

D6 Surviving Divorced Wife

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Am I entitled to benefits as a widow in addition to my benefits?

You may be but you woudl have to actually go into your local SSA office and request they check on that for you.

They don't seem to be able to help that's why I am asking you. I even called the fraud dept for answers and they just wanted to sell me a necklace in case I fall down?
M y phone died waiting to talk to an agent. I am waiting for it to charge. Can you possibly type answer til phone charged?
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Phone call session started
TaxRobin
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer