Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My wife of 21 yrs. will be 62 March 2018.I'm receiving ss…

Customer Question
My wife of 21...

My wife of 21 yrs. will be 62 March 2018.I'm receiving ss monthly benefits since 2006. Prior to our marriage she came to the US in 1991 from the Republic of Georgia, which was then occupied by the Soviet Union, At that time her last name was spelled Iosselian, her SS card is also spelled with Iosseliani. When Georgia became independent her new Georgian passport was spelled with ONE s (Ioseliani). My wife is entitled to a percentage of my monthly benefits after she turn 62. In visiting the Soc Sec office she unable file because her Soc Card is with two SS, we have a joint bank acct, and Utah marriage license spelled one S. The other dilemma she unable to obtain a Utah Drivers license.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

What advice would you recommend.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/15/2017
Social Security Expert: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Did the social security office see her passport? Usually, that would work. If not, what identification did the Office say she needed to change the card?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.

My wife provided her passport, marriage certificate, bankcard. and soc sec card to the person at the soc sec office.I was hoping you could provide us with a solution.
Sorry for the delay, came down with a severe cold.

With the passport, what your wife did is supposed to be the solution! What is the SSA telling you it needs. A birth certificate?

some type of additional ID from the DMV.

Okay. So that is a start. What is the additional ID the SSA wants? And have you gone to DMV yet?

My biggest mistake was contacting your services. You seem to be more interested in promoting your various marketing strategies, instead of finding a solution or answer to the clients problem. I've resolved the issue with the soc sec adm. I will file a protest with my bank not to pay for your services NOT rendered.

Hello: You can contact Customer Service for a refund. Glad you worked it out with the SSA. Best regards.