Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

A. M* and I am 77 years of age and paid in minimum amount…

Customer Question
MY name is****** and...

MY name is****** and I am 77 years of age and paid in minimum amount for my 40 quarters and only draw 242.80 cents monthly

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Can my account be updated and see if I qualify for more money

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

My employer did not enroll us in social security and I worked extra to pay in the minimum ammount

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/15/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You might wonder how the SSA figures your Social Security retirement benefit.

They base Social Security benefits on your lifetime earnings - adjust or “index” your actual earnings to account for changes in average wages since the year the earnings were received.

Then Social Security calculates your average indexed monthly earnings during the 35 years in which you earned the most.

If you worked less than 35 years - zeros are used for these missing years.

.

The simplest way to have estimated social security benefits - is to get your SSA statement.

Here is an example of such statement

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/materials/pdfs/SSA-7005-SM-SI%20Wanda%20Worker%20Near%20retirement.pdf

You can get your personal Social Security Statement online by using your my Social Security account. If you don’t yet have an account, you can easily create one. Your online Statement gives you secure and convenient access to your earnings records. It also shows estimates for retirement, disability and survivors benefits you and your family may be eligible for.

I want to know if I qualify for more money from as?

I will be glad to verify if you provide your earning for each year your worked.

See the worksheet on page 2

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10070.pdf

If you put all your earnings for all years you worked under social security system - I will help you with calculations - and we may verify if you are entitled to larger benefits.

lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor