Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I did not receive the statement informing me of the new rate…

Customer Question
I did not receive...

I did not receive the statement informing me of the new rate of social security I will receive in 2018 while my husband has. Will this affect me getting my social security direct deposit in January, 2018

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My husband received a statement informing him of the 2 % increase he will be receiving in January of 2018. I did not get the statement which I have always received as he did. Will this have any affect on the regular direct deposit of my social security check in January, 2018?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/14/2017
Social Security Expert: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good morning. I am a legal expert who will assist you today. What you are referring to is the annual cost-of-living adjustment (COLA), and there’s usually an increase in the Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit amount people receive each month. If you did not receive a statement regarding he increase that will not affect your direct deposit of your social security in January. If you do have any concerns that there may be an issue with your social security payments you should contact them at 1-***-***-****. However, not receiving a statement on the increase, does not mean that you will not receive your January payment.

I hope this clarifies and helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.