Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am buying a house and need a paper saying what % increase…

Customer Question
[Second opinion] I am...

[Second opinion] I am buying a house and need a paper saying what % increase is for 2018

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I was down at the office and they said 2%. My Va loan office asked for a paper or something that states this increase for 2018.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No I have a permanent brain injury and have been on disability since 2013, The Va loan office also asked for paper work for 2017, I told theme I only have that one letter from 2013. Glenn ******* ss# ************

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 8 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

We are not social security and do not have access to individual accounts. Please do not provide any personal information for your own safety.

This being said, you can download your award letter from your online social security account or request it directly from the social security (it will take few weeks to get it). You can access your social security account online here: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Regarding the increase, if your medicare premium is currently less than $134/month your benefits increase will be offset by Medicare premium increase (if you are on Medicare). Most people will see very little increase if at all because of the Medicare premium increase in 2016.