Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I will be turning 65 in April and plan to continue working.

Customer Question
I will be turning...

I will be turning 65 in April and plan to continue working. The Company offers major medical insurance and if that is so, am I eligible to recieve Medicare benefits? I may also be able to work part time. What work hours are required to be considered part time and also be able to receive Medicare coverage.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 7 months ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You become eligible for Medicaid when you turn 65.

I might suggest to apply for Part A which is free for most recipients.

Medicare Part B comes with premiums.

As long as you are covered with health insurance at your work - you may delay Part B enrollment - and will not be penalized for that.

You will be able to enroll into Medicare Part B and part D when your employment ends or your health coverage ends whoever comes first.

Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.