Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have not yet received my yearly letter from Social

Customer Question
I have not yet...

I have not yet received my yearly letter from Social Security giving me my new benefit amount. My husband received his letter a week ago and mine usually comes at the same time.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am just inquiring about my benefits letter that comes in December of each year, with the benefit amount for the following year. I am wondering if my letter has been lost in the mail, as my husband's letter arrived last week.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No - All I want is for someone to check to see if my benefits letter has been sent out, and if I can get another letter sent to me for my records.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/13/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 6 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

To have another letter SENT to you, you'll have to call the SOcial Security Call Center.

...

But you can use your Social Security Online account to pull up and immediately print your annual benefits letter.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

I'm attaching a set of instructions for setting up your account. But again you can also get this by calling 1-***-***-****. You can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

..

But again, if you need more on this, or if I've not understood your question correctly, please let me know.

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.