Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I need to know how much I can earn if I continue to work…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how much I can earn if I continue to work after applying for social security when I am 64 years old

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I will be turning 64 in April 2018. I would like to continue to work, however, I know that I currently earn too much. Is there a maximum when my full retirement age is 66.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I also receive Retired Navy pay and disability.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/13/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 2 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Assuming you are asking about regular social security benefits, not SSDI, in 2018 you can earn $17040 before your benefits will be reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn over 17040.

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY