Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I want to change address for, Marilyn,lana McLarnon. How do…

Customer Question
I want to change...

I want to change address for Harold, Marilyn,lana McLarnon

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How do I change address for the McLarnon I tried on phone after 1 hr wait and got cut off. I tried on internet but verification did not accept inf because my wife and daughter do not have credit cards

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/12/2017
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 7 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Well, unfortunately there aren't too many more options.

Your experience with the phone is typical; no way to run a "railroad" if you ask me.

Here are a couple of ways you can make the changes.

See if your local Social Security office publishes a phone number. I'll give you a link so that you can locate

your local office using your Zipcode.

The only other option is to actually visit your local office to make the changes in person.

Of course, I take it you tried the easiest way which is to set up a "MySocialSecurity" account at ssa.gov?

I mention this because you should not need a credit card to set up accounts, which you would have to do for each individual you want to make any changes for. The "MySocialSecurity" accounts are free, so that's why your Credit

Card comment is confusing.

Anyway, here's the link I mentioned above:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the site will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,