Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Need to change bank account to new account. Change account…

Customer Question
Need to change bank...

Need to change bank account to new account

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Change account number to new number for direct deposit

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No just changing banks from wells fargo to citizens bank

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/9/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information with Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. As your "new" bank (Citizens Bank) to assist you.

3. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Social Security advises that you should NOT close your "old" account until you receive a payment in the "new" account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions/concerns. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.