Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I tried to activate my account yesterday. I made a mistake…

Customer Question
I tried to activate...

I tried to activate my account yesterday. I made a mistake and tried to correct it. I believe I took too much time. I need a new Account activation code or how do I make an appointment at my local Kenniwick Wa office. I tried the 1-800 number and they gave my a 1 and a 1/2 hr expected phone wait to answer my question when I wanted to make an appointment.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

No. I am just trying to activate an account as I will be turning 62 next month. I want to start receiving benefits at that time. Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/8/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, you must make an appointment at your local Kenniwick, WA office by calling the main number for Social Security, 1-***-***-****. They take calls between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

If you cannot activate your online account, you must either speak to a Social Security representative by phone or make an appointment at your local office. Social Security recommends making an appointment before you visit your local office because wait times for walk-ins are long.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

I want to cancel my subscription to this. I got all my qeuestions answered from SS. I thought I was originally asking for one time help. Please cancel monthly bills
I do not need your services any longer please cancel any subscription or service now. Thanks

I will forward your request to customer service on your behalf.

Thank you.