Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can I change my address? I am moving to England on Dec…

Customer Question
How can I change...

How can I change my address? I am moving to England on Dec 20th., retaining dual citizenship, and while wanting to keep the payment of social security being paid into my Chase bank account in Montclair?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What else do you need to know?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

All of the above

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/8/2017
Social Security Expert: Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

You can change your address in one of three ways:

1. Use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online account, you can register here: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Fred

do not tell me to call ss or go online. the problem is i cannot put a uk address in my profile

Then I will opt out so someone else can help you.

Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct. You cannot enter a foreign address in your profile online.

The ONLY options available to you are to call Social Security or visit your local Social Security office.

I realize these options are very inconvenient because of long hold/wait times, but as I mentioned, those are your only options, and you do want to have a correct address on file with Social Security.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb