Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my address and banking info. I moved from…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my address and banking info

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I moved from WV to NY and need to change my mailing address and direct deposit

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/8/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 6 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting your address and direct deposit changed. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, change your address and manage your direct deposit.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can help you with this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can do this by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

I'm attaching a set of directions for setting up your online Social Security Account.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Cancel any and all charges I may hav
Cancel any and all charges to just answer immediately

YOU'LL HAVE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am just an expert user here.

...

Customer service: 1(###) ###-####/a>