Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband is 67 years of age and receiving a monthly check.

Customer Question
My husband is 67...

My husband is 67 years of age and receiving a monthly check. I am 61 years of age and will be turning 62 in March of this year, I would like to start collecting also will I be getting a separate check in my name ?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/7/2017
Social Security Expert: Carter McBride, CPA replied 6 months ago
Carter McBride

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and would love to help you with this.

Yes. Once you apply and start collecting Social Security, you will receive a separate check in your own name.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, let me know. If not, please leave a review. Thanks!

Hey! I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions. If not, please leave a review. Thanks!