Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I turned 66 on 6/24/2017 AND I am still working full time.

Customer Question
I turned 66 on...

I turned 66 on 6/24/2017 AND I am still working full time. Yesterday, I received a direct deposit of $1776.00 in my checking account. Among other things, the notice that arrived in the mail relative to this deposit says, "If you are at full retirement age (now 66) or older for all of 2018, you may keep all of your benefits no matter how much you earn." Am I going to have to repay the $1776 and any subsequent checks sent this year?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I am not sure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/5/2017
Social Security Expert: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 4 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

Once you reach full retirement age you are able to keep your benefits and will not receive a reduction due to your current employment income.

For tax payers who are below full retirement age, there benefits may be reduced if they pass certain earnings thresholds for the year.

You will not have to repay any social security benefits due to reaching your full retirement age.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. If you have no further questions please take a moment to accept and rate my answer by clicking on three stars or higher. A positive rating of five stars is always appreciated. Thank you!
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®