Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I do not now collect Social Security even though I am 84 may…

Customer Question
I do not now...

I do not now collect Social Security even though I am 84 may I still

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Apply if so please send an application to

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

John P. Brooke at 3710 Providence Pt Dr SE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/4/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. John. Please understand that you aren't talking to Social Security here.

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

However, I can tell you what your options are.

...

Yes, you certainly can still file. And you can do that in three ways:

...

(1) Use the online application by clicking HERE.

...

(2) By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can help you with this., OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

...

But again, yes, it's never too late to apply.