Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My significant other receives ssi for my 8 year old son. My…

Customer Question
My significant other receives...

My significant other receives ssi for my 8 year old son. My significant other recently had his arm amputated and needs to be near the ANCHORAGE hospital to receive his health care needs. Therefore he is moving to Achorage, me and my son are staying here in Nunapitchuk for the remainder of the school year. I want to fill out some papers so that I can receive his ssi to support him. When I called the main office in Anchorage they said I needed to be there in person. I am unemployed and have no money to go to Ancgorage. Can this process be done over the phone, or could ssi send papers for me to fill out?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Social Security
12/2/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, the information provided by the Anchorage office is correct.

You must visit the office in person.

I wish I had better news for you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY