How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5196
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have heard about some retired people getting some

Customer Question

I have heard about some retired people getting some additional funds plus their SS monthly. I'm 86 and have worked and paid SS even when I was working... mostly in my various 77 old wife a nurse worked about 20 years. So I was wondering if there are any changes that would have increase the monthly. Henry Meyer###-##-####JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am not sure of what info I might have
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 11 months ago.

What you are referring to is a plan called Supplemental Security Income where, based on your income and needs, you may be eligible for additional benefits. To determine if you are, you need to go in person to your local social security office and meet with a representative who can evaluate your financial situation. I wish you both well.