Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My father was released from a nursing facility but the

Customer Question
My father was released...

My father was released from a nursing facility but the nursing home wont submitt discharge paperwork for discharge and he already lost home provider service as a result and next could be his check what or who can i contact

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

You mean social security

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/29/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane - I hold degrees in Law, Business, and Finance, I can help you with this.

...

Department of Public Health in your state and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at the federal level regulate nursing homes.

...

I would lodge complaints there, but maybe more more important, let the nursing home know that you've made these complaints.

...

If this results in the nursing home receiving funds rather than your father, the you also have grounds for going to the district attorney's office and pressing charges for something called Theft by Conversion (embezzlement in common civil law).

And by calling Social Security at 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

Already called the facility no help at all called Medicaid and have told social security no one seems to help

I understand. ... not uncommon. That's why I went to the regulator and criminal issues first. In my experience, when someone (and you need to get to someone at a higher level than the clerks that first answer the call on the front lines at the nursing home) hears you say that you've reported them to their regulator, they tend to listen.

...

What you're doing there is telling them that their license could be in jeopardy.

...

Nursing Homes have NOT had a great experience in the public eye over the last few years. Pointing out to them that when this damages your father the way it has (with the home services, for example) this amounts to NEGLIGENCE on their part.

A Medicare and/or Medicaid-certified nursing home must post the name, address, and phone number of state groups, like these:

...

• State Survey Agency
  • State Licensure Office
  • State Ombudsman Program
  • Protection and Advocacy Network
  • Medicaid Fraud Control Unit

...

If you feel you need outside help to resolve your problem, call the Long-Term Care Ombudsman, or the State Survey Agency for your area.

Hi. Just Checking back in. Did my answer help?

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit") … That’s the only way JustAnswer will compensate me for the work here.

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane