Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my direct deposit bank numbers on my

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my direct deposit bank numbers on my account had some fraud and my bank has changed my acct numbers.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to get into my retirement account to make these changes what o I do

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to change your direct deposit information with Social Security.

1. Your bank can assist you.

2. You can use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

3. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Social Security recommends that you do not close your "old" account until you receive a payment in your "new" account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb