Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am not able to find my social security card and do not…

Customer Question
I am not able...

I am not able to find my social security card and do not remember my Number How do I apply for a replacement card.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Name is***** Faber. Born March 18,1940. Address is 28188 N Willemite Drive San Tan Valley AZ 8514

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Such as?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/25/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Do you happen to have a copy of a tax return that you filed? Your Social Security Number will be on the tax return.

Because you cannot remember your Social Security number, you will have to visit your local Social Security office with the following application:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

You will also need to bring your driver's license or picture ID and birth certificate with you.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm

https://faq.ssa.gov/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?QuestionID=3755

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb