Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Thank you ,I would like to end my representive payee ,I

Customer Question
Hi thank you ,I...

Hi thank you ,I would like to end my representive payee ,I believe it requires a form called an 18.2 my age is born 1951 dec

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have been on disability since 1985 i think but am on acupuncture and am much better a bond was posted on my behalf for $50,000 to aquire chropractic i was born a health model ,bit am older many are interested in my efforts to recover and support the gains

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

My records are badly damaged due to a world class id theft but iam working with recovery and have a good memoery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/25/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 7 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

You or your representative payee may, at any time, request that we change or terminate the payee arrangement. Following such a request, we will investigate the situation and make a determination.

...

You must either call the 1800 number (Social Security main number - local offices no longer take phone calls) or go into the local office.

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can help you with this.

OR

...

Again, you can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

Hi, Lane here. ... I’m just checking back in to see how things are going. ... Did my answer help? … If so, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work. … But if you need more on this please let me know … Lane