Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband is in the hospital, and someone sarah lyn stevens…

Customer Question
My husband is in...

My husband is in the hospital, and someone sarah lyn stevens is taking money out of his social security, can you put a hold on his social security, nothing going into his account. he cant make it to the bank, he is going to be there quit awhile , can you do that. his name is ***** ***** live at 874 suriperior peak drive Taylorsville , Utah 85123

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Yes his daughter in-law is taking all his money, while he is laid up and in the hospital

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/22/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your husband's personal information.

Can your husband call the bank and tell them not to allow any funds to be removed from his account?

How does his daughter-in-law have access to his funds? Is her name on your husband's bank account?

she got him to give her his and she knows his pin.

Then he needs to contact the bank as soon as possible and change his pin and let them know what's going on so she can't take any more of his money.

Social Security is not going to put a hold on his Social Security payments.

He can also file a police report for the money she has already stolen.

cancel, your not helping me any

Not a problem.

I'll forward your request to Customer Service.

Thank you.