Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have changed bank accounts. I am concerned about receiving…

Customer Question
I have changed bank...

I have changed bank accounts. I am concerned about receiving my Direct Deposit into the correct account.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am in California and still bank at the same bank, however I failed to notify your office of the move in accounts

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Do you mean like what my old account # was and what the new account number is ***** order to make sure the transfer can go through this late in the pay period. I'm due to receive the deposit on the third Thursday of every month and I believe that to be this Thursday which is also Thanksgiving.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/22/2017
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 7 months ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** .I have been practicing SS LAW full time for 12+ years, exclusively, and look forward to assisting you.

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

OK, if you were to receive your benefit the third week of the month, it falls on a Wed and not a Thurs. Also, that would have been last week, not this week. However, as per this employee, because it can happen for the second months benefit, not necessarily the month you put your request in, you are too keep your old bank account open so it can receive the current month if your request has not yet fully processed.

If you accidentally closed your old account before ensuring the new account was processed for direct deposit purposes, you will want to go physically to your local SSA office and see about potentially getting a paper check for the missing payment.

Now, if your payment is really due the 4th Wed., then check today - just in case you did in fact give sufficient processsing time for the direct deposit to change.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me with 5 stars when you are done. It costs nothing extra but tells company to give mecredit for my assistance to you today. I look forward to assisting you inthe future, should you have legalquestions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!