Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I need to transfer my social security to a different account

Customer Question
number JA: The Retirement Accountant will...
i need to transfer my social security to a different account number
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: want to make sure wife will not have access
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: she
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Loren Stone,
 replied 21 days ago
Loren Stone

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security. So, we do not have access to your personal information.

But I can tell you how you can make changes to your account for deposits, your mailing address, etc., with Social Security yourself. You have 3 options.

1. Use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following Social Security link:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren Stone
Loren Stone
Loren Stone