Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a 2018 social Security information sheet(s) .. I

Customer Question
I need a 2018...

I need a 2018 social Security information sheet(s) .. I cannot locate the copy I received several weeks ago.. It provides the data ie: amount I'll receive, Medicare deduction etc..

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need a duplicate of the information I received weeks ago ( the information SS sends out every year identifying payments , deductions and other pertinent data

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting a copy of your Award/Benefit verification. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can help you with this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

I'm attaching an instruction sheet for setting up your account