Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have just moved and want to change my address. My old

Customer Question
I have just moved...

I have just moved and want to change my address

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My old address was:***** Largo, FL 33770. My new address is:1615 East Boot Rd. Apt 321L, West Chester, Pa 19380

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/21/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here

...

This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting your address changed with Social Security. (You have THREE OPTIONS)

...

(1) ... You can use "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, get proof of benefits, making address changes, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

I'm attaching a set of instructions for setting up your account.

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(1) ... By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can help you with this.

OR

...

(3) ... You can go to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

If so, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

But if you need more on this please let me know

Lane