Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I retired at age 62! When I reached 65/66 does my benifits

I retired at age 62...
I retired at age 62 ! When I reached 65/66 does my benifits increase ?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: John Michael Arrendell S.S.####-##-#### I have V.A Compension of 100% and Unemploimentable < S.S denayed mi Disability chlaim . I waighted until I was 62 to collect S.S.Checks. My question is would my Benifits increase when I reached 65/66 ???
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No .
11/20/2017
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

Unfortunately - your benefits will NOT increase...
As you started earlier - your benefits are permanently reduced.
But you will be receiving benefits for longer period.

When you turn 65 - you will be eligible for Medicare.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Okay thank you for my answer so quickly !!!

Actually - as long as you are below your FRA - full retirement age - your may receive social security benefits AND work at the same time - but your earning woudl be limited.

After you reach your FRA - your earning will no longer be limited.

If you was born between 1943 and 1954 - your FRA is 66.

Let me know if you need any help.

lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
lev-tax
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor