Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to change my direct deposit to another bank, How do I…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my direct deposit to another bank, How do I go about that? Also I am getting SS under my late husbands SSN.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you need to know. I want the direct deposit to go to another bank.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Just that it will be under his SS & the new bank is Members 1st federal credit union.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/20/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. I am reviewing your question and will post my response momentarily.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are 3 ways to change your direct deposit information.

1. Your new bank can assist you.

2. You can use your online "My Social Security" account to change your direct deposit information. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

3. You can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your old account until you receive a payment in the new account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb