Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I will receive my first social security in February for

Customer Question
I will receive my...

I will receive my first social security in February for January. Why is it less than the amount I will receive in March?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My last day of employment at my current job will be January 6, 1018, The letter I received from SS states my first check in Feburaury will be 2114, after that I will receive 2248.I sent papers in for 5% taxes to be taken out.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I also want to know how much I can make after receiving SS benefits

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. I am reviewing your question and will post my response momentarily.

Have you reached full retirement age, which is 66?

The difference between the $2246 and $2114 is $134, which is the deduction for Medicare.

My best advice would be to contact Social Security as soon as possible at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Mondays tend to be busy days so you probably should wait until tomorrow to avoid long hold times.

As to working while receiving Social Security benefits, you can work. If you are under full retirement age, there is a limit to what you can earn. If you have reached full retirement age, there is no limit.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb