Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I lost my 2018 ss benefits letter,and badly need another…

Customer Question
I lost my 2018...

I lost my 2018 ss benefits letter,and badly need another copy as oacjed away due to construction and need it urgenty for personal loan.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I urgently need copy of my ss benefits letter for 2018 as the one that came earlier has been packed away due to working on my house. Need for a loan

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I urgently need copy of my 2018 benefits letter as It has been packed away and not available and need it for trying for a home loan, MICHAE ********** SS ************* *******

************* **********

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Social Security Expert: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 8 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
Oftentimes, the Experts can help with a question like yours or I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Thank you,
Rachel
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 8 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Here are the three ways that you may obtain a copy of your benefit verification letter.

1. You can set up a "My Social Security account online that will allow you to print out an "official" copy of your "Benefit Verification Letter", as well as several other SSA reports should you find them useful. Here's a link where you can set up that account and then you will see the various options under the "Replacement Documents" tab.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. You can call 1-***-***-**** and speak to a live Social Security employee, (open 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Mon - Fri) and request that they send you a copy of your Benefits Verification Letter.

3. You can obtain the same thing if you go to your closest Social Security office. You can use the following link to confirm the location and phone number of your closest SSA office using your Zip Code. Some cities have several offices. Note that some local offices don't publish a local phone number.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp#officeResults

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,