Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My uncle is a card holder, he is planning to go back home in…

Customer Question
My uncle is a...

My uncle is a green card holder, he is planning to go back home in the Philippines because he got stroke 2 years ago. Can he still get his social security benefits?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

He is receiving a pension and had Medicare benefits now being a stroke patient and disable.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I just want to know if he can still receive those benefits and his pension when he will stay in the Philippines for good.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/20/2017
Social Security Expert: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 8 months ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

If your uncle is entitled to Social Security pension benefits, he will receive those benefits no matter where he lives. He can contact the US embassy to arrange for his change of address, direct deposit, etc. Here is their contact information:

Contact Information:
Phone:(###) ###-####ext. 9
Fax:(###) ###-####and(###) ###-####br />E-Mail: *****@******.***
Website: www.ssa.gov

Local Address:

Social Security Administration
United States Embassy***** Ermita
Manila, Philippines 0930

U.S. Address:

Social Security Administration
American Embassy Manila
Unit 8600 Box 1610
DPO AP###-##-####/p>

However, MediCare benefits are only available to U.S. residents. If he is not planning to return to the U.S. he could cancel those benefits and save the monthly payment. But be certain that he is not going to return.

Hope that answered your question. If so a positive rating would be appreciated. And thank you for using Just Answer.