Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Why are the social security is trying to take my whole check…

Customer Question
Why are the social...

Why are the social security is trying to take my whole check for December

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

They say that I made to much money because I have over the amount that I get from the socialsecurity each much because I wantd to make some extra money

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/19/2017
Social Security Expert: Shan-Nel Simmons, Enrolled Agent replied 8 months ago
Shan-Nel Simmons
Shan-Nel Simmons, Enrolled Agent

Unless you are of full retirement age this year, your benefits will be reduced by $1 for every $2 you earn over $16,920. If 2017 is the year you will reach retirement age, then your benefits will be reduced by $1 for every $3 you earn over $44,880.

This is from Social Security itself : https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10069.pdf

If you have additional concerns about your individual situation, you will need to schedule an appointment with your local office or call Social Security directly.

I hope this helps. Try to have a better day. Please leave a five star rating. Thank you!