Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am now 65 how can I change from social security dissablity

to retirement social security? JA: These...
I am now 65 how can I change from social security dissablity to retirement social security?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have been on social security disability sent 2012 I am now 65 years old and would like to go from SS disability insurance to retirement social security insurance what do I need to do to make this change?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: NO just how do I go about making the change
11/19/2017
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Although Medicare is available at 65 for those that did not have coverage for medical/disability reasons Full Retirement Age (FRA) for retirement is age 66 (for those born between 1943 and 1954).

...

Once you turn age 66 your benefit will be automatically converted to a retirement benefit. The amount will not change and you will not miss a check/deposit.

...

You will simply see some different numbers on the check/deposit advice becasue you will be paid from a different fund.

You can read more about that in this SSA publication: (page 7)

...

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10153.pdf

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS