Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I currently draw Social security and am almost blind and…

Customer Question
I currently draw Social...

I currently draw Social security and am almost blind and still trying to work. I am 70 , Can I get any disability compensation or can I file for disability.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I lost my left eye in a truck accident and now I have Macular Degeneration and Cataracts in my right eye and I am finding it more difficult to see to drive and see the computer. I am a dispatcher and travel 42 miles 1 way to work. I am going to get into a accident

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Like what ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/18/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

I'm so sorry, but disability and retirement benefits are mutually exclusive. As an example, one who is receiving disability benefits is automatically converted to retirement benefits at retirement age.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

...

But again, if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane