Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am a British Citizen born in St. Helens Lancashire, I am

Customer Question
now also a US Citizen...
I am a British Citizen born in St. Helens Lancashire, I am now also a US Citizen, but worked in the UK from age 15 , until joining the WRAC at 18. Then married from 1966 until 1974 at which time I had some employment. I am in need of finding my National Insurance number and not sure who to talk to about it.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Yes. I went to Germany in 1972 and subsequently went to the USA and then back again to Germany, altogether I worked 10 years in Germany, and am now claiming my Social Security from there and they are requesting my National Insurance number. I have not claimed any pension from the UK at all so am at a loss how to go about filling the forms out along with giving them my National Insurance Number.
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Social Security
11/18/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 23 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You have two options:

1. Fill in Form CA5403 and mail it to the address on the form

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-insurance-get-your-national-insurance-number-in-writing-ca5403

2. Call the National Insurance numbers helpline at 44(###) ###-####/strong>

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/national-insurance-numbers

With either option, HMRC will NOT tell you your National Insurance number over the phone. They will mail it to you.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** have already replied on the email. I have already located my number in some personal papers I have located in my files. I had sent this before I received your response.

Thank you for letting me know.

Have a great weekend!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Please do not charge me for this I am not agreeing to pay 52.00.

I understand. I will forward this to customer service on your behalf.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you.
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent