Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have a person for whom I have prepared income tax returns…

Customer Question
I have a person...

I have a person for whom I have prepared income tax returns for over 25 years. The individual is single (born January 7, 1938) and recently become quite ill. She has no caregivers here in the US but family is considering returning her to Croatia. Will this impact her monthly SS payment. Neither her caregivers know if she ever applied for citizenship? Her Alzheimer condition has depleted her memory.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I have a person for whom I have prepared tax returns for over 25 years. She is single (born 1/7/1938). Recently because of her mental capacity and no relatives in the US her family is considering returning her to her native country and cared for by relatives. Because of her condition, she is unable to tell caregivers if she ever applied for citizenship. I have her SS number if needed--name Mira Blazevic.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/17/2017
Social Security Expert: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 8 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

We are not the Social Security Administration so we are unable to look up specific details of anyone's account.

However, moving out of the country will not affect Social Security Retirement benefits.

If you have additional questions or would like me to expand on my answer above please let me know.

Thank you!