Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband and I both have Medicare Part A. We did not sign…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I both have Medicare Part A. We did not sign up for Part B at the same time because we still had insurance. But my husband will be retiring the end of December or the end of January, so now we want to know what we have to do to get signed up for Part B

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Not that i can think of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/17/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 9 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You will both need to complete Form CMS40B-E and mail it or deliver it in person to your local Social Security office.

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/CMS-Forms/CMS-Forms/Downloads/CMS40B-E.pdf

If you tell me your city and state, I can provide the address for your local Social Security office.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.