Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can I get a list of my employers for all the years I worked…

Customer Question
Can I get a...

Can I get a list of my employers for all the years I worked and paid social security. I think I left out a few.

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I had 7 employers and I need to make sure I included them when I applied for social security.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Well I am now a widow husband died 10/19/2017.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/16/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 8 months ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** am prepping your response. I will be back with you shortly.

Yes, you are able to obtain a copy of your earnings from the social security office which will show the names and addresses of the employers that you worked for, as well as earnings information. If you do not need a certified copy of the information, you can obtain the information for free from the SSA. Complete the form at the following link.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

My apologies, the SSA does charge a fee for the information. The yearly information is free, not the information for multiple years requested on this form. Page 3 of the form shows the fees and the address where to send the form.

Went 2 ss office myself and problem

I don't understand your last inquiry. I see that you went to the social security office. That is not the way that you can obtain the information that you require. You have the complete the form that I referenced and mail it to the address indicated on the form with the proper amount of payment.