Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

How do I change my bank for direct deposit? I have closed my…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change my bank for direct deposit?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have closed my bank account and opened a new one.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Social Security
11/16/2017
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 3 months ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You need to contact social security as soon as possible @ 1(###) ###-#### It takes up to 14 days for social security to confirm and update your bank account information. If you are expecting deposit next week chances are it will go into the old account. Social security strongly recommend to keep your old account opened until you start receiving benefits in your new account.

You can also change it online in your online social security account but it will still take some time before your records will be updated.

Do you know how to access your online social security account?

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY